- 345,071 Impressions and 177,789 reach (unique).
- Earned 10,304 Link Clicks to the Facebook lead form and website form boasting a 3% CTR.
- Lots of meaningful engagement: 10,282 Reactions, 2,231 Comments, 1,934 Shares, 30 Saves.
- Generated 4,429 Pledges using On-Facebook Leads.
In 2019, Pope Francis approved a new revision of paragraph #2267 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, according to which “a new understanding has emerged of the significance of penal sanctions imposed by the state,” thus “the death penalty is inadmissible” (Source)
Split test the message that ‘the death penalty is inadmissible’ in order to discover the most responsive audience among:
- Pledge Signer Lookalikes
- Politically Left-Leaning Catholics
- News-Aware Catholics
Finding our Audience
The question was, which Catholic audience is most inclined to act? Through rounds of testing, we discovered that the best performing audience was the lookalike. Throughout the campaign, females responded most to our call-to-action ads, as well as people over 50.
Mirroring the News Cycle
- One of our big successes involved utilizing the news cycle. When the Trump Administration re-introduced the national death penalty at the federal level, we revised our ads for timeliness and urgency.
- Our copy really drove home the stakes of the executive order, the fact that the last federal execution was 16 years ago, and the next execution only a short time away. Our cost per lead dropped by a significant amount through this strategy.
- Strategic time periods of promotion spending and waiting allowed our ads to appear at critical moments that mattered most, and deliver the best cost per result.